and SCADA software
The company recently introduced WebAccess, the industry’s first fully
web browser-based software package for human-machine interfaces (HMI), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
Using a standard Web Browser, users can view and control automation equipment used in manufacturing facilities, industrial process plants, electric power stations and building automation systems. Data is displayed in real-time with dynamically updated graphics using full motion
Internet Explorer 5.5 or
Netscape Navigator 6.1 are required. Microsoft's
Internet Explorer 6.0 supports all features in WebAccess.
What is eDiagnostics?
The ability for
vendors, system integrators, suppliers and technical support
personnel to connect to their equipment at a remote facility
via the Internet to:
- Enable remote experts to help us diagnose and repair equipment quickly or remotely configure it for initial setup.
- Monitor remotely to detect issues before they occur, even detect and flag equipment variations from baseline performance
Benefits of Web Access
benefits of WebAccess eDiagnostics include:
- Monitor remotely to detect issues before they occur, even detect and flag equipment variations from baseline performance.
- Potential to gain new markets, improve position in currently served markets and gain a general competitive edge.
- Reduce labor costs through a reduction in training time, leveraging existing skill level, remote problem resolution (reduction in travel related expenses), etc.
- Reduction of Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
Remote Diagnostics and
provides the means to proactively monitor, remotely access,
diagnose, and communicate with thousands of devices worldwide
with complete security through corporate firewalls to your
information systems. Remote diagnostics reduce your reliance
on customers for information related to maintenance and
troubleshooting, minimizing downtime.
In the US medical device
market, statistics show that 15 to 20% of all service calls
result in "no problem found." WebAccess can enable
you to reduce or eliminate these needless service calls.
Remote diagnostics also provide the ability for the service
technician to determine what parts or materials are needed
based on a thorough and comprehensive analysis of the fault
conditions and root causes before going to the customer
Remote Maintenance and Upgrade
can be utilized to remotely maintain or modify system software
from a centralized location, without the need to send service
technicians in the field, or to rely on the customer to
perform the upgrade.
has the capability to notify through a variety of mechanisms,
including real-time alarming when problems occur, or when
certain monitored parameters fall outside predefined
Chances are, not every company
will choose to enhance its existing control systems with state-of-the
art web technology. The choice is to make web technology work for you.